Website Visitor Data
Your Data, Opt-Out and Right to be Forgotten
Supporters and donors can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain details about what information we store about them, to opt out of our list or any sharing services Stand.earth might subscribe to, or to request changes to his or her personal data as collected by Stand.earth. Supporters and donors have the “Right to be Forgotten” and can write to email@example.com to request that all their personal data as collected by Stand.earth be removed from all our records.
Stand.earth and our agents will notify authorities within 72 hours in case of any data breaches.
Visitors under the age of 13 (US) or 16 (EU & elsewhere), please ask your parent/guardian for their consent before submitting your personal information to this site. If we have reason to believe that someone is underage and we have collected their personal information without proper consent, we will delete that information in a reasonable period of time.
Stand.earth does not sell or otherwise disclose user information outside the organization for commercial purposes. If you sign up to receive updates from Stand.earth or if you sign on to support any of our online petitions or actions, we commit to providing you with accurate and timely information about our campaign activities. While the vast majority of communications will come to you directly from Stand, some information on our lists, such as your name and email, may be provided to trusted Stand.earth allies from time to time. These allies may, for example, be organizing events in your community.You may opt out of communication from Stand at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our blast emails.
Donor/Contributor Privacy (Donations, Purchases and Event Fees)
Stand.earth does not sell, trade or share our donors’ personal information with anyone else, nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We will only share personal information if a donor/contributor has given us specific permission to do so.
To process a charitable contribution or product purchase online, it is necessary for Stand to gather the visitor’s name, email address, mailing address, phone, and credit card information. This data is used to verify identity and execute the financial transaction. Additionally, phone number and email address information may be used to contact donors if there is a problem with the transaction, or in the case of a recurring transaction. If you choose to make an online monetary transaction with Stand, your credit card information will be used only for transactions authorized through our secure online payment system. Stand does not retain credit card information or transmit credit card information to anyone else. Monthly recurring donations from Stand Sustainers are processed through a secure online payment system designed for that purpose; Stand staff does not have access to full credit card numbers at any point in the online giving process. Monthly donations processed via direct debit are processed through an online brokerage system and handled in strict compliance with federal pre-authorized debit regulations in both the US and Canada. Per Canadian law, a pre-authorized debit agreement is provided with information for all newly-established recurring direct debit gifts.
10DLC’s Texting Terms of Service
Stand.earth provides alerts and updates to subscribers on Stand.earth including volunteer opportunities, contribution opportunities, and civic engagement alerts.
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to opt out. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us.
- If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” for help. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
For all questions about the services provided by this 10DLC texting program you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
548 Market Street, Suite 74196,
San Francisco, California, 94104, US
Email Address: email@example.com
Stand.earth reserves the right to change its policy as necessary.